In the turmoil of life it is easy to get caught up in our day-to-day living and often we forget to
make self-care a priority. These days our life is much more focused on our screens and less
time is spent enjoying nature and life. Some fresh air and sunlight can make a big difference in
our mental and physical wellbeing. “There’s a growing desire to reconnect with Nature and what
is real and find ways to disconnect from technology. We need a break. We need to stop and
breathe,” Laurie Pressman, the Pantone Color Institute’s vice president, told FORBES.
“(Greenery) is about unity and community—connecting to oneself and others and a higher
Here are some ways to incorporate nature into your daily life using all of your senses:
- Sight: Bringing flowers and natural greenery inside for your decor is a great way to bring nature inside your home! You can also select colors for your interior that reflect the outdoors whether it be for your cabinets or perhaps an accent wall in a room. Sage green, tranquil blues, and warmer hues all soften the scene.
- Touch: Consider textured wood accents! Our cabinet lines have some beautiful textured wood options that can be used to have a more natural tactile feel in your home. Greenfield in particular has the textured european oak we all love and it is on display in our showroom.
- Smell: An essential oil diffuser or handmade candles from a local seller are great ways to bring fresh natural scent to the air in your home. As we transition into spring it is always great to be able to open a few windows and get a fresh breeze inside!
- Sound: Soundscapes allow for a calming background to your space. Try putting on natural beach or forest sounds instead of a TV show when looking for background music. An open window also allows you to hear the sounds of nature right outside your home.
- Taste: Visit a local farmers market and pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables. Microgreens and herbs are easy to grow at home and you can start harvesting them fairly quickly! Incorporating fresh ingredients into your regular meals makes a big difference in your mental and physical well being.
We at Cabinetry Ideas encourage you to put some of these ideas to the test and see how they
improve your daily life! Earth Day is April 22nd so now is the perfect time to get more in touch