As 2019 has now come to an end and we have rung in the new year it is time to take a look at what new design trends will come about in 2020.
First let’s recap 2019
- Last year made popular the refined simplistic designs in every aspect of the home, creating a minimalist appearance wherever possible.
- Grey seemed to be the “it” color of the year without even being the predicted colors of the year, especially here in the midwest.
- As the year was closing, we began to see the tone of Grey shift from cool to warm giving us more diversified palates and brought on the resurgence of wood tones.
For the new year we look to companies like Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore to see what they chose as the colors of the year.
- Benjamin Moore predicts a muted palette of blues, pinks, yellows, and greens - with First Light 2102-70 as the color of the year
- Sherwin-Williams chose a deep navy blue - Naval SW6244
- Both companies expressed their ideas as representing a sense of calm and tranquillity through the hues.
Many designers are beginning to branch out from the simplistic designs that came about in 2019 with attention to fine details returning. People should expect to see some of these same clean designs they have begun to love, but with bigger and bolder accents in tile designs and focal pieces. This shift allows for one more unique and creative aspect of the design to stand out and create a true sense of individuality for the room and the designer.
Our team here at Cabinetry Ideas, is excited to move into 2020 designs in bold new colors and warm wood tones with clients ready to take the plunge into something fresh! What does 2020 have in store for your kitchen or bathroom? If these new hues have you looking at what’s next for your home, let us do a custom color match for you with one of our many cabinet suppliers. Contact us today to start turning your 2020 dreams into reality!
Until next time, try our Blueberry-Pecan Galette recipe to swing you into the mood of the relaxing blue hues of 2020 and get you excited to upgrade your kitchen!